LEO – Library Express On-Grounds
The LEO service provides service to U.Va. faculty members by delivering library material for personal research use to departmental offices. Delivered library material includes items retrieved from a U.Va. library, or via Interlibrary Loan.
- First-time users, please visit our sign in page to set up an account. After setting up your account, you will be able to request and track the process of all your Interlibrary Services requests.
- To request materials from Virgo:
- To request an article or book, visit the Virgo catalog to search for your material.
- After viewing the details of your selection, click ‘Request LEO delivery (faculty/SCPS)’. You will be prompted to log in, if you haven’t already. Select ‘Submit Request’ and you are done.
- To request materials not owned by a U.Va Library:
- Logon to your ILS account and choose the appropriate Request Type from the menu on the left side of the page. Fill in as much information as you have available to ensure we borrow the correct item. (Faculty requests will automatically be delivered to the office of the department unless you have opted for delivery to a Library.)
Certain types of materials cannot be delivered via LEO. These materials include items like those made “in-library use only” by lending libraries, items from the Reference collection, and microfiche.
Delivery of Material
Articles will be delivered via e-mail in PDF format.
Books will be delivered to departments for Faculty.
Material available from the U.Va. collection will be delivered usually within 48 hours. Material obtained through a loan from another university will be delivered usually within 3 – 10 working days.