What we do: Our department is made up of a collection of services that deal with obtaining materials from other institutions for UVA faculty, staff, and students, delivering library materials to libraries, departments, and distance and continuing education students.
Summer Service Alert: We are expanding! Construction of the Ivy Stacks addition, an expansion of our off-site storage facility, begins in summer 2017. That means that you may see delays for materials ordered from our Ivy Stacks location. We will do all we can to deliver your materials in a timely manner.
We will update this site as more information about service changes resulting from construction becomes available. Thank you for your patience!
Our work includes:
- Interlibrary Loan, which borrows items not owned by the Library and lends items from the Library’s collection to other institutions
- Library Express On-Grounds (LEO), a service for faculty that delivers books, journals and DVDs to departments On-Grounds
- Instructional Scanning (ISS), which digitizes course related materials for inclusion in UVACollab sites as additional readings
- School of Continuing and Professional Studies/Distance Education Delivery, a service which mails Library materials to SCPS and Distance Education students who live outside the Charlottesville/Albemarle County area
- The Lending Department, which lends books from our collection to other institutions