What we do: Our department is made up of a collection of services that deal with obtaining materials from other institutions for U.Va. faculty, staff, and students, delivering library materials to libraries, departments, and distance and continuing education students.
Our work includes:
- Interlibrary Loan, which borrows items not owned by the Library and lends items from the Library’s collection to other institutions
- Library Express On-Grounds (LEO), a service for faculty that delivers books, journals and DVDs to departments On-Grounds
- Instructional Scanning (ISS), which digitizes course related materials for inclusion in UVaCollab sites as additional readings
- School of Continuing and Professional Studies/Distance Education Delivery, a service which mails Library materials to SCPS and Distance Education students who live outside the Charlottesville/Albemarle County area
- The Lending Department, which lends books from our collection to other institutions