The renovated Library opened in January, but the book move to populate new shelves is ongoing. Books that are in transit to a new space will remain available “by request” in Virgo. The book move began in December 2023 and concludes in June 2024.
Current book move status:
- Alderman, 5th floor: Book move is complete
- Alderman, 4th floor: In progress
- Note: The 4th floor stacks area is temporarily closed to allow movers to focus on a brief but intensive adjustment. We will work to keep this closure as brief as possible. In the meantime, a detour allows visitors to walk around the stacks area while remaining on the 4th floor.
- Alderman, 3rd floor: Not yet moved
- Alderman, 2nd floor: Not yet moved
- Alderman, 1st floor: Not yet moved
- Clemons, 1st floor: Many books from Clemons will move to Alderman during the process above. After this is complete, Clemons stacks will be rearranged to fit the updated collection arrangement.
The drive-up book drop in the Central Grounds parking garage was removed in December. A drive-up book drop remains at 2450 Old Ivy Rd, and a new walk-up book drop is located in Gibson Hall. See all Library locations and book drops (PDF).
Access to materials
A large number of digital items remain available through Virgo: Search Virgo now.
Equipment like chargers, white board markers, and bike pumps can be requested at circulation desks. A/V equipment is available through the Robertson Media Center. Learn more about equipment and tech at the Library.
Instructional and research scanning
Interlibrary loan is fully operational. Learn more about requesting interlibrary loans.
Subject liaisons specialize in materials relevant to certain areas of study and can connect you to Library experts of all kinds.
Special Collections Reading Room
Materials will continue to be relocated into the newly-renovated library through spring semester. See full hours and location maps.
In Alderman Library, the 4th floor stacks area is temporarily closed to allow movers to focus on a brief but intensive adjustment. We will work to keep this closure as brief as possible. In the meantime, a detour allows visitors to walk around the stacks area while remaining on the 4th floor.