The Library employs a variety of methods of assessing services, collections, and user needs.
Browse most popular dashboards
Looking for more?
See additional below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if we can help!
A selection of assessment information is available below. The User Survey takes place each Spring, and surveys a selection of faculty and students to identify trends in service satisfaction and use and areas for improvement.
2019 Library User Survey Results
- Report of Faculty results
- Report of Graduate student results
- Report of Undergraduate student results
If you need older materials or can't find what you need, send an email to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. Previous years available upon request.
Association of Research Library Statistics
Library statistics are gathered year-round for planning and analysis, and for reporting to professional groups such as the Association of Research Libraries (ARL).
The data cover statistics about our collections, services, spaces, staffing, and finances.
- Association of Research Libraries Statistics 2020 (DOCX)
- Association of Research Libraries Statistics 2018/2019 (PDF)
Other Assessment Information
- 2021 VIVA Course Materials Survey (DOCX)
- 2019 Ithaka S+R University of Virginia Faculty Survey (PDF): Analytical Memo | Report of Findings
- 2019 ARL index (PDF)
- Student Experience in the Research University (SERU)
- Library User Experience