Joining Friends of the Library
There are multiple points of entries into the program — annual giving, at different levels depending on year of graduation; cumulative giving; consecutive giving; and planned giving all qualify. Donors can also qualify for the “Collectors Circle” through donations of gifts-in-kind. Membership takes effect in the fiscal year in which the giving threshold is met, and extends through the following fiscal year. The Library’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. In some cases, gifts may qualify the donor for lifetime membership. Gifts to the Library also qualify donors for membership in the appropriate University-wide recognition group(s) such as the Cornerstone, Lawn, and Rotunda Societies.
There are several ways to join:
- Annual Giving
- Students (Undergraduate and Graduate): $25
- Recent Graduate (0-5 years): $250
- Recent Graduate (6-10 years): $500
- Alumni, Parents, and Friends: $1,000
- Cumulative Giving
- Those who have given a total of $100,000 or more to the University Library are considered lifetime Friends of the Library.
- Consecutive Giving
- Giving any amount to the University Library for three (or more) consecutive years.
- Planned Giving
- Any documented inclusion of the Library in a will or estate plan.
- Gifts-in-Kind – our “Collectors Circle”
- All gift-in-kind donors are considered members of our Collectors Circle, a unique group within Friends of the Library. Gift-in-kind donations totaling $1,000,000+ qualify for lifetime Collectors Circle membership.
Members are recognized in our Friends of the Library honor roll, and enjoy access to special events and experiences. These may include:
- Lectures and webinars hosted by the Library
- Exhibition openings
- Tours of the ongoing library renovation
- Biannual “Conversations with a Curator”
- Unique events at Pavilion II, home of University Librarian John M. Unsworth ...and more.
For 200+ years, the generosity of donors has been vital towards building collections, spaces, and services at the University Library. The resources that the Library provides are in constant need of enhancement to match the growth and aspirations of the University, and the dedication of supporters will continue to be vital to the Library during the Next Chapter campaign and beyond.