SciFinder Scholar Online
First time users must register using the instructions below.
Questions about registering for or using SciFinder should be addressed to Jeremy Garritano, Library Liaison for Chemistry, phone 982-0054 or e-mail Jeremy Garritano.
Individual registration is required for the web version of SciFinder. SciFinder’s web-based user registration form allows you to create your own SciFinder username and password. After the form is complete, CAS sends an e-mail with instructions for completing the registration process. The registration process requires your university (virginia.edu) e-mail.
- Go to SciFinder’s Online Registration site.
- Click next
- After agreeing to the terms, enter your contact information (remember to use your UVa e-mail address)
- Specify username and password. Username: 5-15 characters (Must start with a letter or number. It may contain only a combination of letters, numbers, or these-special characters: – . _ @) Password: 7-15 characters (Must include at least 3 of the following: letters, mixed upper and lowercase letters, numbers, non-alphanumeric characters ( , @ # % & * )
- Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer
- Click register
- A message indicates that you will receive an e-mail from CAS. Check your e-mail to complete the registration.
Privacy of Registration Information
Customer privacy and data security are primary concerns to CAS. No personal information collected during product registration, such as name, address, and phone number, will be given or sold to any outside organization for its use in marketing or solicting without customer consent. Likewise, the information will not be shared with agents or contrators of CAS for the purposes of performing services or providing support for CAS.
For help and instructional support, please contact Jeremy Garritano at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 982-0054.