What we do: Access Services enables faculty, staff, and student access to materials by facilitating loaning and borrowing between institutions, and delivering library materials to libraries, departments, and distance and continuing education students.
Our work includes:
- Interlibrary Loan: borrowing, which borrows items not owned by the Library;
- Library Express On-Grounds (LEO), a service for faculty and graduate students that delivers books, journals, and DVDs to departments on Grounds;
- Instructional Scanning (ISS), which digitizes course related materials for inclusion in UVACollab sites as additional readings;
- School of Continuing and Professional Studies/Distance Education Delivery, a service which mails Library materials to SCPS and Distance Education students who live outside the Charlottesville/Albemarle County area;
- Lending to other libraries when our collection contains books that other institutions would like access to.
- Notice to Health Science Library users: The HSL Interlibrary Loan system operates separately from the UVA Library system. Please enter the ILLiad system here. If you need assistance please contact the Health Science Library at (434) 924-5444.