The Digital Production Group uses the following equipment to digitize rare bound and loose materials including books, manuscripts, photographs, maps, and other unique and fragile materials:
- 3 Phase One P65+ digital backs attached to 3 DT RCams Digital Transition’s Reprographic Cameras and firewire linked to iMac workstations
- 1 IQ 2-80 PhaseOne digital back attached to an XF digital camera body via firewire liked to an iMac workstation
- 1 IQ 3-100 PhaseOne digital back.
- 1 Cruse Scanner (CS 285 ST-FA) linked to a PC
- 1 Epson Expression 11000 XL large format scanner running on a iMac workstation
- Several smaller Epson flatbed scanners
- Image editing and cataloging software includes Capture One, for use with the P65+ systems; Adobe creative suite, which offers a full range of options for image enhancement and batch edits; and Media Pro, used for digital image management and cataloging.
- Images are shared via email with a download link. Patrons have the option to specify the digital format (TIFF, JPEG, PDF) they want the files sent.