Getting Started with Course Reserves in Virgo
Reserve requests are processed in the order in which they are received. During the beginning of the semester allow 14 days to process requests; afterwards, requests will usually be processed within 3 business days. If the library needs to recall or purchase the material, requests may take longer to fill. Although we make every effort to process requests quickly, we cannot guarantee timely service for last-minute requests. You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your reserve request has been received. Reserve requests are made by selecting items from Virgo.
Request Items for Reserve Using Virgo
- Search Virgo for the materials you would like to place on reserve for your course.
- Star () the items needed for reserve.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 until all desired materials are starred.
- Select “Place on Course Reserve” from the “ Starred Items” drop-down menu.
- Specify the course ID, the academic term, your preferred reserve location, and loan period to complete your request.
- Click “Send”
Place a new reserve request for another course if necessary.
At the end of the process you’ll have an opportunity to request a new purchase for reserve, and to request personal items be placed on reserve. Or, you may place those requests on the previous page.