The Library offers services and consultations for research projects of all kinds, and our libraries offer wireless access and a variety of spaces for solitary or group work. Stop by and use your student/alumni ID number to check out books. If you have questions please contact us:
- via e-mail at email@example.com
- or by phone at (434) 924-3021
Online Research Tools
U.Va. alumni have access to five outstanding online research tools from EBSCO. These resources are underwritten by the Office of Engagement Alumni Education program for free use by University of Virginia alumni.
- Academic Search Alumni Edition: Full text for more than 3,350 journals—including more than 3,000 peer-reviewed journals—as well as indexing and abstracting for more than 8,200 journals.
- Business Source Alumni Edition: Full-text sources ranging from general periodicals to trade publications and top management journals. Additional full text sources include country economic reports, industry reports, market research reports, company profiles and more.
- Business Book Summaries: Comprehensive summaries are provided for more than 700 of the top business books from the last 20 years.
- CINAHL® Database: Coverage of nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- Health Library: Comprehensive coverage of health, wellness and other medical-related topics.
Manage Your Research
- RefWorks is a software application that allows you to download citations from databases and put them into a personal research database. You can access this database from any computer and automatically format bibliographies in over 400 styles including APA and MLA.
- Thomas Jefferson
Find major online collections of Jefferson’s writings, quotations and other information resources about Jefferson. Visit the Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library for U.Va’s Jefferson collections that are not available online.
A brief guide to genealogical resources in the University of Virginia Library.
This guide was created to help you become more successful in finding and using digital images.