ORCID at UVA
An ORCID iD is a unique researcher identifier, used worldwide, that you can keep throughout your life and retain even if you move institutions. It distinguishes you from other researchers, even if they have the same name, and enables authoritative links to be created between you and your research activities.
- You can manually add or remove scholarship works in your ORCID record at any time.
- You can add more identifying information to your ORCID record, too.
ORCID at UVA Library:
- When you create or connect your ORCID iD through the Libra Open service, your ORCID iD is validated as belonging to you.
- When you create or connect your ORCID iD through the Libra Open service, your ORCID iD shows on each work in Libra Open for which you are an author or co-author.
- In future versions of Libra Open, authors who choose to connect an ORCID iD to Libra Open can opt to have works automatically added to your ORCID profile.