The following terms and conditions govern all use of an Application Program Interface (API) to access and use the Libra Data Dataverse application and the services available on or at Libra Data Dataverse application by you and any third parties who use your account.
In using the Dataverse APIs, you represent that:
In accessing and downloading content from Libra Data using a Dataverse API, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Libra Data does not endorse, manage, oversee, control, take responsibility for, or make any representations or warranties for any Dataverse APIs, including third-party Dataverse API applications;
- Libra Data is not responsible for a) any User-uploaded content, format, Metadata, or lack thereof; b) representations or warranties made by the User about the User-uploaded content; and/or c) any limitations or restrictions placed on any User-uploaded content by the User, and will not be held liable with respect to the above (i) for any direct damages, or (ii) for any lost profits or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever;
- Libra Data will not be liable or held responsible for any losses or damages to you, your affiliates/affiliated institutions, your service/API application, or anything else related to you, caused either in whole or in part by your access to and/or use of a Dataverse API application;
- Libra Data does not oversee, manage, or have any control over, and is therefore not responsible for, any content, services, materials, and information provided by the Dataverse API application;
- Libra Data makes no warranties and/or representations as to the timeliness, accuracy, completeness, reliability, correctness, availability, security, lack of defects/errors, lack of viruses/other harmful components, or overall quality of any content, materials, documents, files, and other information either uploaded or downloaded on Libra Data by you or any third party; and
- Libra Data makes no warranties and/or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, correctness, availability, security, and overall quality of anything found on Libra Data as accessed through the Dataverse API.
In using the Dataverse APIs, you shall not:
- attempt to conceal or otherwise misrepresent your identity or your application’s identity when using or requesting authorization to use the Dataverse APIs;
- use the Dataverse APIs in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law or regulation, any right of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of data use and distribution, etc.;
- use an unreasonable amount of bandwidth. Libra Data reserves the right to decide what is unreasonable and may, at any time, restrict your access and use of the materials and services on Libra Data through a Dataverse API if it deems your bandwidth use is unreasonable;
- use Dataverse APIs in a manner that may impair the functionality, stability, or operation of Libra Data servers or adversely impact the behavior of other users or applications using the Dataverse APIs;
- use the Dataverse APIs for or in connection with any malicious programs or code including, but not limited to, adware or spyware;
- sell, lease, or sublicense datasets or other information found or downloaded from the Dataverse servers; and
- sell, lease, or sublicense Dataverse’s API application software, or access thereto or derive revenues, directly or indirectly, from the use or provision of Dataverse’s API application software.
Libra Data reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any of the terms in this Agreement at any time without prior notice to Users. It is your responsibility to check the Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes.