About Available to Order Items
Our Available to Order service enhances the way we currently acquire books for the Library’s permanent collection by inviting you to participate in our collection building. Librarians curate selections of books beyond our usual purchases, which are then made available as Virgo catalog records. Should you choose to order these items, the Library will purchase them to become part of our collection.
This service allows you to choose books you need for your research and scholarship from right inside the Library catalog.
What are Available to Order books?
- Curated lists of English language monographs selected by our Library collection staff that appear in Virgo as “Available to Order” items. You may prompt the Library to purchase these items from within Virgo.
- Books that enhance our current collection development efforts.
What are the benefits?
- Increases your access to scholarly materials
- You help us build a Library collection that best supports your research and scholarship
- We more directly support your research needs
- We can focus our funding on books you need
What happens when I request an Available to Order book?
As soon as we receive your request, we’ll purchase the item. Available to Order books will arrive in about 10 business days. A hold will be placed on the book for you, and you’ll be able to pick it up at a library, or if you’re eligible for LEO delivery, it will be delivered to you.